Thanks to parents and students for a successful year!
If you are joining our class in the fall, the information listed below might be helpful.
A few of the many goals that we will be working on this upcoming year include the following:
- Printing first and last names using an upper case letter for the first letter and lower case letters for the rest of the letters.
- Recognizing and printing all of the upper and lower case letters of the alphabet and all the letter sounds.
- Identifying and writing the numbers from 0-30 and writing them in order.
- Reading at least 25 sight words.
- Sorting objects by size, color and shape.
- Identifying the basic plane shapes and 3D figures.
- Writing meaningful sentences using punctuation.
- Adding and subtracting numbers.
- Work on refining social skills, such as sharing, using good communication skills. respecting others, etc...
Our classroom expectations are as follows:
- No running
- No inappropriate touching (pushing, hitting, kicking)
- No loud voices or making noises
- No bullying (mean words, teasing)
- No ignoring the quiet sign or resets
Some things that you can do at home to help your child succeed in school include:
- Make sure they get a good nights sleep every weeknight.
- Feed them a good breakfast each morning or have them eat at school.
- Help them to manage their stress.
- Reinforce lessons taught at school, including reading to or with your child on a daily basis.
- Practice their sight words, numbers, letters and letter sounds with them.
- Look for teachable moments at home and take advantage of them.
- Maintain open communication with the school and keep me informed of any changes in your child's life that would adversely affect their educational success.
- Participate in the many after school and evening programs offered for families.
Together we can make this a great year for your child!
Upcoming important dates and events
August 23 First day of school for students
If you would like to contact me you can call me at (517)764-1810 and I will return your call in August, or you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org